Back to Basics
Foundations and Fundamentals of Yoga
Join Claire Johnston in this hands-on, highly interactive Alignment based yoga workshop. This workshop will help you to develop a clear understanding of what 'Yoga' is and how to apply key alignment concepts to the most commonly taught yoga poses. We will address alignment principles for your individual body and learn how to avoid the risk of injury while strengthening your yoga practice. This workshop is suitable for all levels, from absolute beginners who are just starting out to more advanced yoga practitioners who are wanting to get back to basics and revisit the foundations and fundamentals of Yoga.
We will cover the following:
- What is yoga?
- Philosophy and the yoga poses
-The foundations of a solid practice
- Breakdown of the common poses
- Alignment principles for safety and common misalignments
- How to self-adjust
- Modifications and when to modify
- The importance of breath and how to breathe in yoga
- Introduction to meditation
- Q&A session